Article 1. Terms of membership registration
Article 2. Scope of terms
Article 3. Change of terms
Article 4. Membership registration and confirmation
- Persons, who wish to use the Services shall install a free call software(Skype) and register themselves as members by using the methods provided by the Service Provider.
- Upon membership registration, please check if your communication environment is appropriate for using the Services.
- Persons (including those who have done the interim registration for the purpose of becoming a member) who registered themselves as members will be, at the point when the registration is completed, considered to have acknowledged the content of this term of use.
- One is allowed to register oneself as a user only one time. Also, one can use the free trial only once. When a person is found to have abused the free trial by making a number of registrations, the Service Provider shall charge the Users with abuse of the Services provided by the Service Provider, and the latter must comply with its responsibility.
Article 5. Disapproval of registration
The Service Provider may refuse to register an applicant under the following conditions.
- When an applicant has already registered once and tries to register again with other names.
- When an applicant provides false or wrongful information, or submits incomplete forms upon applying for membership.
- When an applicant is considered to be a danger for the smooth operation of the Services.
- When an applicant has previously been expelled from membership.
- When an applicant is judged by the Service Provider, for reasons other than those listed above, as inappropriate for becoming a member.
Article 6. Starting date of the service
At the point when the Service Provider informs the Users of the registration completion by E-mail, the Services commence. The day on which the E-mail is sent out by the Service Provider will be considered the starting date of the Services.
Article 7. Time limit for the service
There is no time limit for the Services. However, members who have not made appointments for lessons (lessons/lectures) for any period exceeding 6 months may be, without a prior notice, removed from our systems.
Article 8. Cancellation of the service
Cancellation of the service use (=withdrawal from membership) does not require a separate procedure. As stipulated in Article 7, when a member has not made appointments for lessons over a considerable period of time, we may remove those members from our systems.
Article 9. Refund
Purchased tickets, used or unused, are not able to be returned nor refunded. The same applies to situations when the Services are unable to be used because of a connection problem or software failure by the Users.
Article 10. Lesson (lessons, lectures) details
- The Users shall purchase POINTS for the Services by credit card (using Paypal) and use those POINTS when making appointments for lessons.
- When the Users send a cancellation notice using the cancellation form, if it’s within the period set by the Service Provider, the tickets will be returned to the Users by the Service Provider.
- If a teacher should fail to attend a lesson for reasons of their own, or the lessons are not carried out properly because of problems, caused by the Service Provider, POINTS are returned to the Users. The amount of those POINTS is determined by the Service Provider according to the situation.
- Lesson availability, lesson schedule and POINTS needed for each lessons shall be checked on the homepage of the Service Provider.
- If the starting time of a lesson is delayed because of the Users, the ending time of the lesson does not change. POINTS shall not be returned in this case.
Article 11. Force majeure
Neither party shall be liable for any temporary failure or cancellation in the performance of the Services for the period that such failure or cancellation is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labor disputes or any other force majeure event. In such cases, reasonable solutions (returning POINTS, rearranging lessons, etc.) shall be decided each time upon consultation between both parties.
Article 12. Scope of responsibility
- If a lesson does not take place because of reasons caused by of the Service Provider, this Party returns POINTS for this particular lesson to the Users. For other losses, which may be caused by the lesson cancellation, even sudden ones, the Service Provider will not be responsible.
- The Users shall check its communication situation and device settings prior to the lessons. When the Service Provider decides, that the lesson can not take place because of the communication devices or communication situations on the side of the Userst, the Service Provider will not return POINTS to the other Party.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for protecting the copyright of files, videos or pictures which are sent or uploaded from the Users to teachers, regardless of their publication on the homepage of the Service Provider.
- If the website of the Service Provider becomes unaccessible because of server connection troubles, immediate actions shall be taken to restore the operation by the Service Provider. In such situations, the loss of lesson opportunity for the Users shall not be compensated.
Article 13. Protection of private information
Article 14. Copyright and property
Copyright and property of all the trade marks, description and logos related to the Services attribute to the Party of the First Part. The usage or redistribution of copied materials by the Users is forbidden.
Article 15. Jurisdiction
The parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court with respect to any dispute arising between the parties.
Additional clause: These terms are effective as of September, 2017.